First some facts:
- There are 1,645 billionaires in the world (2014, Wikipedia)
- About 2/3 or just under 1,100 of them were self-made.
- There are 442 billionaires in the U.S., I will assume for simplicity they were all self-made (not true).
- There are 7.1 billion people on the planet.
Now some steps:
Part 1 of 3: Creating Opportunities
- Study up
- Start saving money
- Start an Individual Retirement Account (IRA)
- Pay off your credit card debt
- Make a five-year plan
Part 2 of 3: Investing
- Buy real estate
- Invest in business
- Buy and sell stocks
- Put your money into Money Market Accounts (MMAs)
- Invest in government bonds
Part 3 of 3: Maintaining Wealth
- Consult brokers for good advice
- Diversify your portfolio and investments
- Make smart financial decisions
- Know when to get out
- Act the part
For the entire article please click here.